Friday, January 25, 2013

Celebrating One Week

As of this afternoon, it will be one week since I had my final "event," you know...those sneaky little suckers that we were (apparently) falsely calling seizures.

*Doing a little dance in my chair!*

In the past week, I have taken some time to be introspective about all of these symptoms and it has made me realize the power that medication can have over our bodies. This is the second time I have been told that I was "on such a small dose" of a medication that there was "no way" that my symptoms were caused by the meds. On both occasions, the doctors that told me that were wrong.

I am humbled in my recognition of just how sensitive my body is. This makes me appreciate just how hard it does work to function on a regular basis.

In other news...

I saw Rheumatology yesterday and the doctors there believe that I may have fibromyalgia, which comes across as funny to me. I'm the woman who wasn't feeling contractions while I was in the beginning stages of labor. I've always been able to "suck it up" as far as pain goes to finish a softball game or a run or a 21-mile walk.

So, this comes as a shock to me. However, it could give many answers to the multitude of symptoms that I have had for a long time without relief.

I follow up with my family care doc next week...we'll have PLENTY to talk about then.

I sincerely thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers regarding the past two months. I think I'll continue this conversation with you all, just not "from the floor." I suppose I'll have to come up with a new tagline for my blog. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment