Friday, January 11, 2013

Walmart, Dog Poop and Supervised Baths...

Thought this was ironic. "Mental Case" Scatter Brainz toy...
It's been a few days...a couple of rough days. Let's see. On Wednesday, I braved Toys R Us and Walmart by myself, trying to find my son a coveted Hex Bug as a surprise for his bravery with his own doctor's appointments. I started my "aura" phase while in Walmart. With my jaw clenched shut, I texted Brent (he was telecommuting) and he was there in less than five minutes to pick me up. Within a minute of being in the car, full-blown convulsions. Yay! (At least it didn't happen IN Walmart, with me being alone...that would have earned me a trip to the ER since I don't have "seizures" on my medic alert bracelet yet, since I don't have a diagnosis of anything.) All in all, Wednesday was six seizures total. Nearly a record for me.

Yesterday wasn't quite as bad. Brent was working from, well, work AND had a meeting at church afterwards, so I set up with my sweet neighbor and her daughter to hang out with me and Jackson after school. We could call it a play date, but it was really more of a I'm afraid to be left alone for that long during my witching hour. We'll say it was a lovely meeting of friends on a beautiful high 50's afternoon, complete with a trip to the community park down the street. Wouldn't you know, I felt one coming on and signaled to her that we needed to go. (I was clench-jawed and non-communicative at that point.) I waved a goodbye to the rest of our neighborhood friends and made it about ten yards before I was laying on the ground. Lucky for me, I had enough wits about me before going to the ground that I saw dog poop and didn't roll around in it. (MEWS NEIGHBORS- PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOGS. I DON'T WANT TO END UP WEARING THEIR CRAP!)

Feeling naked
Well, then, Brent got home and I had a pretty violent episode. Later in the evening, he suggested that I should stop wearing my engagement ring because he's afraid that in my eye-rubbing and head banging I may end up "gouging my eye out" with it. For as much as I argued last night and said that I would be fine, this morning I realized that he's just looking after my best interest and I really should not wear it right now to be safe. Alas, I have a less-adorned ring finger, yet it is not like when I was pregnant and looked like Brent's pregnant mistress because I couldn't wear my rings at all.

Oh, and one last thing~ I got to take a steamy bath last night. Boy, did it feel good on my sore body. But, it didn't come without being babysat. Hey, I get it. It doesn't mean I don't feel awkward about it or that I'm not going to complain about being a 31 year old adult who cannot take a swim in her tub alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment