Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Inside Scoop

Okay, so here's the deal...I cannot stop it, but I'm aware. (Remember that if you happen to be around someone like me with seizures. Not the time to disclose any top secret information- they'll remember!!!)

I'm on the floor of my living room. I can see the carpet. I can see my shed hair and a random toenail. Gross, right? My brain is saying, "Sara, when this is done, remember to vacuum tomorrow."

The one night I was taken to the ER via ambulance, the beginning of the battering my body took that night from the non-stop seizures. I ended up on my knees, with one arm sticking out and one arm plastered to my chest. The repetitive movements that claimed me just then included me bouncing on my knees. Yes, that's right. I was a rock star, giving it my best air guitar...I found this incredibly amusing in my thoughts. Apparently, I was the only one.

The medics on the ambulance that I told I "was being a rock star" between events probably thought I was crazy. I'm not crazy. I'm having seizures that I'm aware of...I think and know where I am when it's happening. I just cannot control my movements or sounds or communicate. But, my thoughts rival someecards on a routine basis.

Point and case, medics, you're on notice. I heard what you were saying about my "episodes" and you calling them "agitated-delirium something or other" due to my PTSD. You dork face! You're not a doctor. Don't assume that just because I'm in treatment, I'm automatically a psych case. (We all know what assuming does, guys.)

And, Jackson, NO, mommy is not a zombie dying. I heard that too. If it happens again, you're in trouble. However, when you're mimicking my tics like a broken record, it is amusing to me. (Apparently, not to Dada, so you may want to cut that out too.)

Kay and Tim, I heard you praying. That was incredibly soothing. Thank you for your support and bravery. I'm sure that it was a scary moment for you.

My sweet Brenny, thank you for being my protector. You've probably saved my head from a few more concussions we could add to the list. If we could only figure out how to tackle the rug burn situation. (And, readers: get your minds out of the gutter...rug burns from the convulsions on the floor, not from any recreational activities with my husband. It's not that type of blog, people!)

Oh, and one of the kids at church asked if it hurts. I'm sure that'd be something you'd all be wondering too. It hasn't hurt. Exhausting, yes. Embarrassing in public, yes. I'm sure if I were to fall down the stairs or bust my face on a piece of furniture it would hurt. Thus far, the only time it's hurt was when I hit my head on the corner of the wall in my closet. Eh, I've had worse head injuries, which were probably what has gotten me into this whole mess to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment